Saturday, April 17, 2010

Sugar-Free Maple Walnut Cookies


I found this recipe on-line (I slightly modified it) and it mentioned that the cookies were not much to look at but were absolutely delicious! The flavour is nice but subtle with a cake-ish texture, my boyfriend and I enjoyed them with Earl grey and a movie. I decorated them with dried apricots to jazz them up a little.
It called for Ener-g Egg replacer but I couldn't find it anywhere so I just used a free-range egg. However, today at the grocery store I found No Egg Natural Egg Replacer by Orgran, so next time I'll give it a go and the cookies will be totally vegan.

Cream together 1/2 cup vegan margarine, 1/2 cup maple syrup, egg replacer for 1 egg, 1 tsp vanilla, 2 tsp maple flakes, and 1/4 tsp salt. Add 1 1/2 cups flour and 1/3 cup organic walnuts. Bake for 12 minutes, until the cookie bottoms are golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment