Saturday, November 19, 2011

Nutty Pumpkin Bread


Every time I've made this loaf people always ask me for the recipe so here goes...

1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon of salt
3/4 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup pumpkin puree (you can use the canned stuff or make your own, I've done both and there's no difference in taste)
1/2 cup olive oil
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I've made it with walnuts, pecans or almonds and they all work but my personal fave is the walnut version)

Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
Mix together the dry ingredients (except the nuts) and the wet ingredients in separate bowls.
Then combine them, do not mix too thoroughly.
Stir in the nuts.
Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes.
Check that the middle is fully cooked with a toothpick before removing it from the oven.
I found that when I made my own fresh pumpkin puree it needed an extra 10 minutes.

Let it cool for a bit before eating it or else it will fall apart on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment