Sunday, November 28, 2010

Broccoli Walnut Stir-Fry

This is one of my favourite stir-fries!

2 carrots, thinly sliced
2 cups broccoli florets
2 Tbsp walnut oil
1 red pepper, sliced
2 handfuls of spinach
1 cup walnut halves
1 Tbsp cornstarch
3 Tbsp soy sauce
1 cup vegetable stock
1/2 tsp ground ginger (next time I'd use fresh grated ginger and I'd use more than 1/2 a teaspoon)
fresh ground pepper to taste

Heat the walnut oil in a wok over medium-high heat than add all the veggies except the spinach.
In a separate bowl add cornstarch, soy sauce, vegetable stock, ginger and fresh ground pepper.
Pour over the vegetables. Then add the spinach and walnuts.
Cook the veggies to your desired level of tenderness (I prefer them on the crispier side) and serve over rice or noodles. I had some orzo pasta in the cupboard that I used, delish!

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! Made this tonight and loved it. Did 1 tsp fresh ginger, but I think a Tbsp may be the money shot. :)

    ReplyDelete