Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Leftover Bean Dip Burritos

I thought I'd keep it easy breezy for my first recipe.
My sister has a business selling spices, it's called Epicure. I had a tasting party for her on the weekend and had a bunch of leftover dips. I used the remainder of the Salsa Poco Picante and the Pueblo Bean Dip Mix. I had my boyfriend pick up some flax seed wraps on his way home from work and steamed some sweet rice while I went out for a run.
The rice finished just as I stepped in the door, I poured myself a glass a wine and chopped up some onion and green pepper. Then I sauteed them in some olive oil with a dash of truffle oil and a pinch of celtic sea salt. Once they softened up a bit I added some frozen corn.
While that's cookin', I spread some bean dip on a wrap, top it with rice and salsa, add some sliced avocado and then add the sauteed goodness. Wrap 'em up real tight and then toast them in a frying pan with a bit of oil.
I made some extras for lunch tomorrow, mmmm.....

2 comments: